advertising

Ads

Saturday, March 3, 2012

7 questions on the rights of pregnant women at work

Are you familiar with your rights during pregnancy in relation to your work? Here to help you some answers to these questions that torment you..

1. When announcing my pregnancy to my employer?

You have no obligation before you go on maternity leave, but do it as soon as possible to benefit from all your rights during pregnancy.
It is often advisable to wait until the third month of pregnancy, to avoid having to deliver bad news in case of miscarriage (miscarriages are more frequent during the first 3 months of pregnancy).
But it is also advisable to declare her pregnancy to her employer before the end of the fourth month, in order to receive benefits earlier than suggested in some collective agreements: reduction of working time, work arrangements or post..

2. Can my employer fire me during my pregnancy?



No, from the time you officially announced your pregnancy to your employer, you can not be dismissed before the end of the fourth month of returning to work after maternity leave.
To take every precaution, it is advisable to make this statement of pregnancy either by hand in two copies with a signature from your employer on your copy accusing good receipt of this statement, or just with acknowledgment of receipt.

3. Can I quit during my pregnancy?

Yes, if you have announced your pregnancy to your employer on time and in good and due form, you can resign without notice and without paying severance pay, by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt.

4. Am I entitled to working time arrangements during my pregnancy?

It depends on the collective agreement in which your company. Some provisions for reductions in working time from the third month of pregnancy, and this, without reduction of wages. Most often it is an hour less per day to be agreed with the employer on what time of day.
If you do not have direct access to the collective agreement, call your shop steward to check your rights!

5. Can I request a change of condition of my tasks during my pregnancy?

Yes, and without loss of pay if you are in business for at least 1 year. Talk to your employer as soon as possible, to give him time to get organized at the new division of labor.

6. Can I go to my appointments for monitoring pregnancy on my work time?

Yes, if you have notified your employer of your pregnancy, you can tell your employer that you are absent for all your antenatal appointments, scans, during childbirth preparation, blood, etc.. You will obviously any reduction in salary either.
For reasons of internal organization, still think in advance to prevent your employer for each appointment.

7. On my return from maternity leave, will I find my job?

Yes, your employer must give you back a position requiring the same qualifications and working conditions similar to those of your position before your pregnancy.

Remember to remind a few days before your return to facilitate the smooth transition for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment